Sunday, September 28, 2008

(New) Kitchen Appliances

An entire set of (new) kitchen appliances were delivered through our back garage door this afternoon and I was totally surprised. A fridge, a stove, and a dishwasher all made their way into our home and the shrieks of delight were shared by all. Granted, they are not fresh off the showroom floor and they probably wouldn't even make the cut for the scratch and dent tent but who doesn't love getting something new? In fact, I didn't even blink when my husband told me they were aluminum instead of stainless and who really cares if avocado is no longer an "in" color? We'll just call it sage green and everything will be up to date. Unfortunately, the fridge did not fit in the kitchen, the oven door flies open, and some knobs are missing but I think my dear hubby can fix all that.

All that matters, at least to our 2 year old, is that now he can cook like mom. You see he has inherited the kitchen set I was blessed with more than 30 years ago. The set my grandpa Pete lovingly screwed together with his pocket knife, the set my daughter made me breakfast on and the set my son (who loved to cook but loved his cars more) stored his cars in. Someday even my g-kids may have the opportunity to cook for me on this dated but sturdy set. Oh, I have to run, I'm being called to dinner. Looks like peanut butter on plastic bread with a side of invisible mustard is on the menu tonight. Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Michael said...

The kitchen has always been an important place of activity at our houses. People have started giving importance to sophisticated kitchen appliances which have become the basic need of modern kitchens. They like to include these cooking appliances to make their cooking easier and efficient. The latest ones include dishwashers; microwave, electric stoves, and etc.ovens have started offering more than just the basic functions. These microwave ovens can cook your food at the required temperature at minimum time, thus saving your valuable cooking time.